Dragon Slippers


Dragon Slippers
Jessica Day George
Bloomsbury

I read Jessica Day George’s Princess of the Midnight Ball a couple years ago and enjoyed it, but I didn’t pay much attention to the Dragon Slippers books because the covers didn’t catch my eye. But I saw it at the library the other day and decided to pick it up…and by the time I was halfway through I was wondering WHY ON EARTH I didn’t pick up the sequels while I was at it!

I really loved Dragon Slippers. It was fantasy with the feel of a fairy tale, and I really did fall in love with it. It had an interesting plot, some truly funny bits (the dragon who collects dogs really cracked me up) and some likable (and hateable!) characters.

Overall, if you like fantasy and fairy tales, I would highly recommend this book. Aside from a little magical content, there really wasn’t much that was objectionable in here, so that was nice, too. :)

Objectionable content: Creel is given a pair of magical slippers; she and other characters pray to/mention “the gods.” There is a kiss at the end.


Rating: 9 ½ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In This Moment

The Words We Lost

Everything is Just Beginning