Reached




Reached
Ally Condie
Dutton

Cassia’s journey began with an error, a momentary glitch in the otherwise perfect façade of the Society. After crossing canyons to break free, she waits, silk and paper smuggled against her skin, ready for the final chapter.

The wait is over.

One young woman has raged against those who threaten to keep away what matters most—family, love, choice. Her quiet revolution is about to explode into full-scale rebellion.

With exquisite prose, the emotionally gripping conclusion to the international–bestselling Matched trilogy returns Cassia, Ky, and Xander to the Society to save the one thing they have been denied for so long, the power to choose.

I actually have finished an entire YA series. Please applaud. :) 

This book was divided between the three main characters- Cassia, Ky, and Xander’s- point of view, and since Xander was my favorite character, I was glad to see him in more of it.

Like all the books in the Matched series, this novel had some really interesting and exciting parts strung together with some really boring parts. I was anxious to finish, but not really in a good way. I made myself read the whole thing, but sometimes it dragged and I just wanted to skip to the end! There was more death in this book than either of the two others, but still not due to violence, but sickness. Sadly, there were about four uses of a certain D--- word scattered throughout, and there was, again, some kissing.  (I know there was some, but I can’t tell you how much, because I don’t remember. I think I blocked it. But I can tell you, like most of the Matched books, Cassia and Ky are separated for most of the novel, so there’s only kissing when they’re together.)

From the beginning I wasn’t a fan of the Rising, and sometimes I was a little confused and  didn’t quite understand what was going on.  I was a little disappointed with Ky and Cassia’s ending- there wasn’t really quite enough closure for me. So, really- did they get married? And now that the Society is over, how exactly is everybody going to live? They’re starting to put the pieces of life back together, but a lot of things are still at loose ends. I mean, I’m not a rabid fan of this series, but hey: I just invested myself in three thick novels- I think I’d like an answer to my questions!

Anyway, I guess I’d rate the entire Matched series a 7- it is somewhat enjoyable, but not amazing. It’s nice for those who want to read a futuristic, dystopian novel, but don’t want to expose themselves to a lot of violence. Sadly, these books didn’t stay quite as clean in other areas. Still, it’s cleaner than most YA books that I’ve (tried) to read.

Rating:7

PS- I know the covers look really weird, but they actually make perfect sense if you read the books. I personally think they're neat, in a futuristic kind of way, but the cover of the first one is still my favorite. This third book is probably my least favorite.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In This Moment

The Words We Lost

Everything is Just Beginning