Charity U at Austenitis is hosting a giveaway. The prize is a copy of either Glamorous Illusions or Grave Consequences, by Lisa T. Bergren. You can head on over here to check it out!
this is the cover of the book I had, but I thought this cover was really pretty! Before Midnight Cameron Dokey Simon and Shuster I’ve heard of this series for a long time now, but I hadn’t gotten a chance to read any of the books until just recently. I really did enjoy this retelling of Cinderella, although there were things about it I didn’t care for. However, it was one of those books whose flaws you don’t notice until you’re done reading and sit back and reflect on the story. One thing I did like about this book was the way it was written, and that it really drew me right in. The twists on the story of Cinderella were interesting, and a few were unexpected. Another thing I liked was that the main character was called Cendrillon , the original French version of the name Cinderella , and that her nickname was Rilla. However, the romance wasn’t really as great; it felt like almost an afterthought. The Prince was barely in it, and their relationship wasn’t given ...
The Beautiful Pretender Melanie Dickerson Thomas Nelson What happens when a margrave realizes he’s fallen in love with a servant? The Margrave of Thornbeck has to find a bride, fast. He invites ten noble-born ladies from around the country to be his guests at Thornbeck Castle for two weeks, a time to test these ladies and reveal their true character. Avelina is only responsible for two things: making sure her deception goes undetected and avoiding being selected as the margrave’s bride. Since the latter seems unlikely, she concentrates on not getting caught. No one must know she is merely a maidservant, sent by the Earl of Plimmwald to stand in for his daughter, Dorothea. Despite Avelina’s best attempts at diverting attention from herself, the margrave has taken notice. And try as she might, she can’t deny her own growing feelings. But something else is afoot in the castle. Something sinister that could have far worse—far deadlier—consequences. Will Avelina be able to stop...
Once Upon a Prince Rachel Hauck Zondervan Well, as I am sure many of you know, I don’t read a lot of contemporary fiction. I’m just not fond of it- I have very “old-fashioned” morals and ideas, so it just comes down to the fact that I don’t agree with/relate to most contemporary fiction. But I’ve been meaning to find some novels set in present day that I actually would enjoy. I saw Once Upon a Prince available for review- and let’s face it: I love anything to do with royalty. So this book seemed like a good place to start. When crown prince Nathaniel takes an American holiday to St. Simon's Island, he's not looking for love. Like everything else in his life, the choice of a bride is out of his hands---a matter dictated by his royal position. But when he meets Susanna under the ancient Lover's Oak in southern Georgia, will romance trump responsibility? Once Upon a Prince kind of reminded me of those Hallmark channel chick flicks, both the pros ...
Comments
Post a Comment