No Safe Harbor

13511396

No Safe Harbor
Elizabeth Ludwig
Bethany House

The Thrill of Romantic Suspense Meets the Romance of 1800s America

Lured by a handful of scribbled words across a faded letter, Cara Hamilton sets off from 1896 Ireland on a quest to find the brother she'd thought dead. Her search lands her in America, amidst a houseful of strangers and one man who claims to be a friend--Rourke Walsh.

Despite her brother's warning, Cara decides to trust Rourke and reveals the truth about her purpose in America. But he is not who he claims to be, and as rumors begin to circulate about an underground group of dangerous revolutionaries, Cara's desperation grows. Her questions lead her ever closer to her brother, but they also bring her closer to destruction as Rourke's true intentions come to light.


It took me quite some time to get into this book. I've come to the conclusion that I just don't care for plots that revolve around people not trusting each other and keeping secrets and working at cross-purposes; it just frustrates me. In fact, about 1/3 of the way through this book I almost gave up on it. However, I'm really glad I didn't, because the last half was so much better than the first part!

The suspense was done well, and there were a few chapters where I couldn't read fast enough! While originally I hadn't even contemplated reading the other books in this series, No Safe Harbor definitely redeemed itself and I'm looking forward to checking out Dark Road Home and Tide and Tempest.

Rating: 7 1/2

Comments

  1. I remember really like this one the first time I read it, but haven't read the last two. Yet - though I did start book two. Guess I should get back to it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In This Moment

The Words We Lost

Everything is Just Beginning