The Tutor's Daughter




The Tutor’s Daughter
Julie Klassen
Bethany House Publishers

Julie Klassen remains one of my absolute favorite authors, and I sort of have a tradition of getting each of her new books as a Christmas present. This year was no exception, and I was delighted to receive The Tutor’s Daughter this year!

There were several things I really liked about this book. First of all, there were a lot more Christian elements in this novel than there are in most of the author’s books. The characters talked about God a lot more, though it certainly was never preachy. I also really liked the hero of this book, much more than I was ever expecting to! In fact, out of all of this author’s heroes, he was definitely one of my very favorites. I really loved the bit at the end when he gets the letter from his mother.

The only bad thing I have to say about this novel was that even though I really liked the characters, the book itself didn’t quite capture my attention like The Apothecary’s Daughter, The Silent Governess, or The Maid of Fairbourne Hall did. It took me a few chapters to really get into it (although I did like Emma’s flashbacks at the beginning of the book). I liked this book much better than The Girl in the Gatehouse and The Lady of Milkweed Manor, though.

Even though I can’t say it was my absolute favorite of Julie Klassen’s books, there were a lot of things about it that I loved, and it’s one of the best books I’ve read recently. 

Rating: 10

Objectionable Content: There are a few kisses near the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In This Moment

The Words We Lost

Everything is Just Beginning