Corral Nocturne

22891047

Corral Nocturne
Elisabeth Grace Foley
Second Sentence Press

Before I begin- can I just say that Corral Nocturne is just a very neat title? And perfect for a western story that also happens to be loose re-telling of Cinderella?

This book reminded me a bit of the Heartsong Presents novellas, except better written- or at least, written in a style that I personally prefer. It was a sweet, clean romance that was utterly adorable. Ellie was an enjoyable heroine that I felt was relatable, and Cole the perfect western equivalent of a fairy-tale prince.

Granted, the story is a novella, so there's not a whole lot of time for character development, and the plot is fairly simple and focused on the romance. However, in my opinion it was a romance novella done right. Being both cute and short, it makes a great before-bedtime read, because who ever outgrows bedtime stories?

Rating: 8 1/2

I received an advance reader copy of this novella for free from the author in exchange for my unbiased review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In This Moment

The Words We Lost

Everything is Just Beginning