Ring of Secrets



Ring of Secrets
Roseanna M. White
Harvest House Publishers

Though I’ve been a follower of the author Roseanna White’s blog for a while now, I’ve never actually had the chance to read any of her books, so I was really excited to finally get a free copy of Ring of Secrets in the mail.

Set around an actual spy group known as the Culper Ring, this book is set during the Revolutionary War and it had some things about it that I really liked.

My favorite part of the book was the heroine’s “fake” personality. To please her horrid grandparents (and disguise her intellect so no one would suspect her of espionage) she plays the empty-headed socialite. I found it actually pretty funny, but I also hurt for her with the things she had to put up with and the hidden insults she had to deal with because everyone thought she was idiotic. I think I liked this aspect of the book so much because she reminded me a little of a female sort of Sir Percy!

Winter, the heroine, was being courted by two men who really were so nice I didn’t know which one I liked better. True, I knew from the beginning who she was going to end up with…but still. I liked them both. I also really liked another main character- Freeman. I found it really endearing the way he watched out for Winter. Winter’s grandparents, on the other hand, were horrible! Honestly, I hated them, especially her grandfather.

Now, the only downside to this book was that I felt it dragged a little, and there were a few times I felt tempted to skip ahead to the “exciting” parts. Overall, though, Ring of Secrets was a pleasant read, and I’ll definitely be reading the other books in the series.

Rating: 8

I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Follow Her Heart

An Elegant Façade

Missing