Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Cast of Stones



A Cast of Stones
Patrick W. Carr
Bethany House Publishers

A Cast of Stones was another of my attempts at reading fantasy. I wasn’t so sure about all the allegorical elements- I’m always a little cautious when it comes to mixing fantasy with faith- but overall, I wouldn’t say I found anything in the book really offensive or confusing. It was more medieval than magical, which I always prefer.

Though it took me awhile to get into it, by the middle of the book I was really interested, and I would be willing to read the other books in this series. (Plus, the castle on the cover looks pretty cool, doesn't it?)

Rating: 7

Objectionable content: There was a lot of action/violence, but there wasn’t anything graphic. The only thing that really bothered me was that there were about three kisses, but it was done by the same guy and a different girl each time!

I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...