Thursday, February 7, 2013

Where Treasure Hides



Where Treasure Hides
Johnnie Alexander Donley
Tyndale

I didn’t know much about this book when I agreed to review it; I admit the cover intrigued me and that’s the reason I took it. However, I ended up really enjoying it. The story drew me and it was hard to put down. Or shut off, as the case may be (I got it in e-book form. Ick. I hate e-books, but that was the only option for reviewing this book)

I really liked it, but it took a turn near the end I didn’t care for. I hate it in books when the characters think each other dead. It stresses me out and, well, I just really hate it. And I’m really hoping there’s some sort of sequel, because the epilogue, besides elaborating on the twist I hated, left me wanting…more.

I liked the characters, especially Ian. My favorite parts were with him and Libby- it was so adorable. I liked Alison, too, although sometimes she annoyed me, like when she agreed to go back under enemy lines after being safe in England. I was like, “Nooooooo!” Yes, talk about the stress of this book. And I HATED Theodor. With a PASSION.

So basically, I loved the first half of this book (thus the 8 rating) but it kind of took a downhill turn as the story reached the end (thus, again, the 8 rather than the 9).

Rating: 8

I received this book for free in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...