Gentleman of Her Dreams



Gentleman of Her Dreams
Jen Turano
Bethany House Publishers

I saw this free e-book on Christianbook.com, and though I hadn’t read anything by the author before, I supposed that, really, what had I to lose? I hadn’t read a novella in a while, and I enjoyed this one tremendously.

Now, normally I don’t like a romance based on physical attraction and in this book, well…there was a lot of physical attraction going on. In  Gentlemen of Her Dreams, the two characters had known each other a long time and had been very good friends, and as this book started with that premise, most of the romance was simply both of them realizing that they were in love but wondering how to tell the other person. Because of that, there was a lot of the hero and heroine thinking about how attractive the other was- you know, the “she noticed how strong his muscles were” and such. Which was rather annoying, and just the sort of thing that I dislike the most about Romances. Not that I’m averse to people being attracted to one another…I just don’t want to hear about it. Maybe one day when I fall in love I’ll go on and on about how strong my guy’s muscles are…but it hasn’t happened yet, and I don’t really have any interest in reading about that sort of thing.

Anyway, that was really my only problem with this book, and normally that’s a bit of a death warrant on anything I read, because it annoys me so. But Gentlemen of her Dreams won me over- because of its delightfully quirky characters, and the hilarious situations they got themselves into. I enjoyed the author’s fast-paced and delightful writing style, too, and honestly, I was sorry when it ended, because I loved the characters so, which is definitely a complement because novellas are so short that making the reader really love the characters is a hard thing to accomplish. Despite It being more “romancy” than I’d like (and the only reason it’s getting an 8 instead of a 9), I’m certainly not averse to reading more by this author, and I'd like to get my hands on her full-length novel, A Change of Fortune.

Rating: 8

Objectionable Content: There is a kiss, and as aforesaid, some “romancy-ness” :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Follow Her Heart

An Elegant Façade

Missing