Tomorrow's Garden


Tomorrow's Garden, Amanda Cabot, 978-0-8007-3326-1
Tomorrow’s Garden
Amanda Cabot
Revell
 
Harriet Kirk is certain that becoming the new schoolteacher in Ladreville, Texas, is just what she needs--a chance to put the past behind her and give her younger siblings a brighter tomorrow. What she didn't count on was the presence of handsome former Texas Ranger Lawrence Wood--or the way he affects her fragile heart. But can Harriet and Lawrence ever truly conquer the past in order to find happiness?

Book 3 in the Texas Dreams series, Tomorrow's Garden is a powerful story of overcoming the odds and grabbing hold of happiness.


I was once again excited to return to the Texas Dreams series to see what this next book had in store. Though I didn’t particularly care for Lawrence in Scattered Petals, I really liked him in this book. Harriet was a little more difficult to like…she was a little headstrong and very stubborn (although I admit I didn’t mind her stubbornness one bit when it came to discouraging a *certain* suitor) True to my personality, my favorites in this book were the secondary characters of Ruth and Sterling. Although putting their names together like that is now giving me American Girl flashbacks (good ones, I promise you!)

Though Tomorrow’s Garden is probably my least favorite of the series, I still enjoyed the book. I’m saddened to leave, and I can’t help but hope that Amanda Cabot may sometime return with a new series about Ladreville so I can catch up with all of its delightful residents!

Objectionable content: To the most of my memory, I’m pretty sure there’s really only one or two kisses in here, and that’s all that would be considered objectionable, although it is stated that Harriet’s father had been a drunkard.

Rating: 7



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Elegant Façade

To Follow Her Heart

Conspiracy of Silence