Prize of My Heart

Prize of My Heart

Prize of My Heart 
Lisa Norato
Bethany House Publishers

An unsolved mystery separates ex-privateersman Captain Brogan Talvis from his lost son--his only living relation, his only family. Shortly before her tragic demise, his wife abandoned their infant to strangers, refusing to reveal the child's whereabouts. Now, three years later, Brogan has discovered the boy at the home of a shipbuilder's daughter, Lorena Huntley.
Lorena guards a dark secret about her young charge. She finds herself falling for the heroic captain who has come to claim his newly built ship, unaware his motive for wooing her is to befriend the boy he plans on reclaiming as his own--until the day another's evil deceit leaves her helplessly shipbound, heading toward England.
As the perfect opportunity to reclaim his son unfolds, Brogan is haunted by thoughts of Lorena in her dire circumstance, and he is forced to make a heartrending choice between his child and the woman who has begun to capture his heart. But only his unselfish sacrifice can win him the greatest prize of all--love.


I really liked the main character of this book. Lorena was sweet- plus she loved baking :) Brogan, though, took me awhile to like. Even at the end of the book, I felt like I didn't like him enough. Drew was utterly adorable, though. That bit with the slingshot had me grinning from ear to ear!

This story was very fast-moving. It was almost a little too short- I finished it very quickly. The storyline was original, and took a variety of twists and turns. However, there was one major "twist" that I rather saw coming and didn't surprise me. Even so, I liked Prize of my Heart. It was especially interesting to me, as I am in the process of writing my own Regency-era novel that takes place on the open seas.

Objectionable Content: The main plot involves the knowledge of a certain woman who was unfaithful to her husband and another man's mistress. There are two kisses. A woman is drugged.


Rating: 7 1/2

I received this book for free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest review

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Elegant Façade

To Follow Her Heart

Conspiracy of Silence