Two Tickets For the Christmas Ball


Two Tickets For the Christmas Ball
Donita K. Paul
Waterbrook

I haven't read much "Christmas" fiction. I thought this one sounded quirky and fun, so I thought I would give it a try :)

Book Description:

Irrepressible Cora Crowder is shopping for the holidays. While visiting Warner, Werner, and Wizbotterdad's bookshop, she meets quiet Simon Derrick---and they both discover tickets to an enchanting event in their purchases. But Simon wants to take his sister, so Cora gives him her invitation. Will the mysterious matchmaking booksellers get their romantic plans straightened out?


This definitely an interesting read. It was a sort of fantasy, but with a very strong Christian message. As Cora and Simon's life is interrupted by these odd, mysterious shop owners, the reader is left wondering who these vendors are. Strictly speaking, I wouldn't say this book has "magic" in it...things just happen mysteriously without any explanation. Wizards are mentioned (It's called the "Wizards Ball", after all); however, it is explained that "wizard" does not mean a magician or sorcerer, but rather a wise older person. Not sure what I think about that, but it was a interesting thought. :) It was a sweet book, full of the possibility and wonder of Christmas. It's probably not something I would read over and over again, though.


Rating: 6 1/2 


received this book free of charge from Waterbrook Publishers in exchange for my honest review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Follow Her Heart

An Elegant Façade

Missing