His Steadfast Love


His Steadfast Love
Golden Keyes Parsons
Thomas Nelson

Texas, 1861. Amanda Irene Belle is in love with a Union Army officer....which presents problems as her family is a group of born-and-bred southerners. Can she and Captain Kent Littlefield overcome the obstacles to their love and make a life together?

     I had never read anything by this author before, so I didn't really know what to expect. I wanted to like this book, but it just didn't grab hold of my emotions in any way. I was rather indifferent to Amanda and Kent. I didn't hate them or anything, but I can't say I really liked them. They were just...there. Also, may I just say, I did NOT approve of the two of them meeting together secretly at night? True, nothing happened, they only "talked"...but I still don't think it was appropriate. Especially after Kent had just promised Amanda's father he wouldn't talk to her again! Just sayin'. Also, Kent's letters rubbed me the wrong way. I don't rightly know why, but they annoyed me.
     The book wasn't all bad. Strangely enough, I liked the story between Amanda's brother Daniel and his fiance' Claire better than I liked Amanda and Kent's story.

Rating: 6

I received this book for free from Booksneeze.com in exchange for my honest review. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Follow Her Heart

An Elegant Façade

Missing