Attracted to Fire

                                                                                     Attracted to Fire
                                                                                          Diann Mills
                                                                                            Tyndale


     Special Agent Meghan Connors' dream of one day protecting the president of the United States is about to come true. Only one assignment stands in her way. After the vice president's rebellious daughter is threatened, Meghan is assigned to her protective detail on a secluded ranch in West Texas. Unfortunately, working with Special Agent in Charge Ash Zinders may be as tough as controlling her charge. Ash has a reputation for being critical and exacting, and he's also after the same promotion as Meghan. But when the threats escalate and security on the ranch is breached, it becomes clear this isn't the work of a single suspect-it's part of a sophisticated plan that reaches deeper and higher than anyone imagined. And only Ash and Meghan can put the pieces together before it's too late.


      I admit contemporary suspense isn't exactly my cup of tea. (I'm more of a swashbuckling, swordfighting, bow-and-arrow type of girl). But the last few chapters of this book really had me on the edge of my seat. I couldn't read those pages fast enough! It had the serious excitement and thrill factor essential to any page-turner.
     So, what were my qualms about this book? Near the beginning, Ash comments that "women don't belong in the secret service". Later we find his reasoning behind this statement, but either way...I agree with it. I simply don't believe that a job like Meghan's is really part of God's plan for women. I'm sorry if I offend some people with that, but those are my feelings on the subject. And really, they are the main reason I couldn't enjoy this book as much as I wanted to. Also, I wouldn't recommend this book to younger readers, because of Lindsay's extreme drug and alcohol addictions.
     Though I can't agree with all of the character's life decisions, I did enjoy this book much more than I was expecting to, especially the last half of the book. If suspense is your cup of tea, then Attracted to Fire is one you'll not want to miss.

Rating: 7

I received this book free of charge from Tyndale in exchange for my honest review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Follow Her Heart

An Elegant Façade

Missing